In order to successfully fulfill our mission, Bethel Christian Academy will give priority to seven core values.
Each core value must have operating principles that will allow BCA to put these core values into everyday practice in every aspect of its educational program.
The Bible is the inerrant Word of God that gives direction to every aspect of life. – 2 Timothy 3:16
- BCA will govern itself according to biblical principles.
- BCA will integrate the Bible into every aspect of the school’s life.
- BCA will implement a spiritual development plan for board members, staff, students and parents.
- BCA will use our financial resources in conformance with biblical principles.
- BCA will develop a Bible curriculum that teaches sound doctrine and equip students to defend their faith.
- BCA will encourage board members, administration, faculty, students and parents to be active in a Bible-believing local church.
Whoever claims to live in Him must walk as Jesus did. – I John 2:6
- BCA will employ and/or appoint, develop and retain board members, administrative staff, and faculty whose actions and attitudes model Christ.
- BCA will train and encourage students to apply the qualities of Christ in their own lives.
- BCA will equip students to communicate their faith to others.
- BCA will develop discipline and behavior standards on Biblical principles that lead to Christ-likeness in student’s lives.
- BCA will challenge parents to demonstrate Christ-like character in their lives before their children and the community.
3. Christian Family
The Christian family is God’s training ground for preparing future generations to know and serve Jesus Christ. – Deuteronomy 6:6-9
- BCA will develop policies and procedures that honor Christian families.
- BCA will provide training and resources to help parents build a Christ-honoring home.
- BCA will seek to provide a kingdom education that is accessible to like-minded families.
- BCA will strengthen unity in the family by providing programs for children with different learning styles and abilities.
The church has been and always will be the instrument of God to fulfill God’s purposes here on earth. The church is the expression of God’s kingdom to the world. – Acts 2:42-47
- BCA will recognize its existence as a ministry of Bethel Baptist Church.
- BCA will operate under the authority of Bethel Baptist Church.
- BCA will expect its board members, administration, faculty and staff to be active members of Bible-believing local churches.
- BCA will have as one of its main goals to strengthen the church.
- BCA will encourage parents and their families to be active members of Bible-believing local churches.
- BCA will demonstrate honoring the church through its policies, procedures and practices.
5. Excellence in Education
A quality education is Bible-based, Christ-centered and one that challenges students to reach their full potential and develop godly wisdom in order to use their God-given abilities to impact their homes, churches and communities for Christ. – Luke 2:52
- BCA will develop an entire educational program that is based on the truths of God’s Word and the preeminence of Jesus Christ.
- BCA will employ and develop teachers who model godly wisdom and Christian virtues in their lives and cultivate and nurture this in the lives of their students.
- BCA will use curriculum and methods in the classroom that reflect God’s truth and prepares students for a life of service for Christ.
- BCA will provide an education where formal methods of instruction, with a biblical emphasis on the classical works of Western Civilization, are emphasized.
- BCA will challenge students to develop a biblical worldview so that they will be able to intellectually engage the culture for Christ.
- BCA will provide a safe and comfortable learning environment where students are actively engaged and challenged in their learning.
- BCA will provide a curriculum that is defined by clear goals and high expectations so that students can achieve success that is measurable and clearly communicated.
Whoever wants to become great among us must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first must be your slave – just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many. – Matthew 20: 26-28
- BCA will encourage students to follow Christ’s example of leadership through servanthood.
- BCA will involve students in activities which teach the value of service before self and the joy of servanthood.
- BCA will train students how to identify their spiritual gifts and use them to glorify God through service in their local school, Church, and community.
Every aspect of the educational program must be considered a stewardship responsibility from God so that a biblical legacy will be successfully passed from one generation to the next. – Psalm 78:1-7
- BCA will develop and operate within budget that reflects biblical principles of stewardship.
- BCA will provide students with the best possible education that will develop the whole child – spiritually, mentally, physically and socially.
- BCA will select, develop, and maintain a qualified, godly staff that will enable the school to fulfill its mission.
- BCA will provide, develop, and maintain all facilities in a way that will honor the Lord and meet the needs of students.
- BCA will partner with families to assist them in providing their children with a quality Christian education.
- BCA will encourage students and families to be active members of a local church.